Tuesday, June 26, 2012

For my first blog, I find it appropriate to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer. I am 30 something, and aside from my full time job as a banker, my "other" (and most important) full time job is being the mother of 3 wonderful boys. We reside in Pennsylvania, left our town once for country, small town living for a short time, and have arrived back to the place that we call home, not even 3 years later.

The Ducklings

Duckling #1, who shall be referred to as E-Man, is 14 going on 40. He is a very intelligent, hockey obsessed, loving guy. At the age of 8, he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which has been a challenge to all of us. I will surely be blogging about this from time to time, since it has been a huge adjustment to every day life for our family. He is obsessed with anything that has to do with the Pittsburgh Penguins, is an amazing drummer, baker/cook, and has been one of my best friends since birth. We have grown together in many ways, I was a young 22 when I was first married and he came in to my life. E-Man and I have been through so much together. It was just he and I for 6 years, until Duckling #2 came along.

Duckling #2, whom we shall call Ralph (a friend's daughter gave him that nickname, she thought that it was his real name for some reason), is a very energetic 7 year old. He will be 8 in 12 days, as he keeps reminding me. He passes his time getting in to anything and everything. He is the adventurous one, the one we call the "country boy". Ralph is also very sensitive and affectionate. In recent days he has been displaying a bit of "middle child syndrome", which I myself, am all too familiar with. He is a ton of fun, I'm sure you will enjoy reading about the quirky things he does. On to the baby of the Ducklings....

Duckling #3 will be called Bug. This is a nickname he was given as a baby, in conjunction with his real name. Bug is an angelic toddler, a joy to all of us. He is 2, and when it comes to him, there is no such thing as the terrible 2's. He is such a happy little guy! We are currently going through the typical toddler things, such as potty training, nixing the binky, and teaching independence. He adores his mommy and his big brothers, and brings smiles to our hearts each day.

Where's the husband, you ask? Well, that's a blog in itself. We'll just say that I've been married twice and have been pretty much raising the boys on my own since Duckling #1 had arrived.

I am very proud of the woman that I have become over the last several years. Although it's been a struggle mentally, financially and physically, seeing my little guys every day reminds me that everything I have been through has been for them, and it makes it all worthwhile.

I hope that you will enjoy reading about our adventures. I decided to do this as a sort of venting, therapy type thing for myself. After thinking about it, and after the suggestion of a few friends, I came to the conclusion that my life is quite entertaining, and as a co-worker says, a story every day.

Please stop back, I will be blogging almost daily.

Goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment